Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Peanut Butter Cup Brownies

After revealing my "pin-up girl" status a few months ago, I wanted to share some of the wins I've had using the Pinterest ideas I've found.  I've made a few things and will try and post as I have success and thought I'd start with the extremely yummy Peanut Butter Cup Brownies.  Here is a picture of the final product...which I'm pretty proud of...followed by the recipe...


1 box of your favorite brownie mix
1/2 cup of peanut butter chips
1/2 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used sugar-free milk chocolate chips)
3/4 cup of creamy peanut butter


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray or grease 40 mini-muffin cups.  I used regular muffin pans.  It makes less brownies, but bigger ones!

Prepare boxed brownie mix as directed. Spoon batter evenly into muffin cups (about 1 heaping teaspoon). Bake for 13-15 minutes or until top is set and a toothpick inserted into center comes out slightly wet. After brownies are out of the oven, wait for centers to fall. This will happen upon cooling. If not then tap the centers with the back of a teaspoon to make a hole for the peanut butter.

Place peanut butter in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 45 seconds then stir. While brownies are still warm spoon about half a teaspoon of peanut butter into the center of each brownie. Top with chocolate chips and peanut butter chips. Cool completely in pan.  Enjoy!

No comments: