Friday, November 30, 2012

Five Minutes: Wonder

Each week Gypsy Mama chooses a word to write about for five minutes. No editing, stream of consciousness. Today's word is: Wonder.

Ready. Set. Write.

I'm a daydreamer.  If I allow myself, I can walk into the world of wonder at any given moment of my day.  It seems my mind goes a million miles an hour all the time...even when I awake in the middle of the night.  I like to dream.  I like to wonder.

I like to wonder what exciting things are to come.  Oh there are times when I wonder about the negative things that may happen but I try not to focus on that so much.  I wonder about the big things....like will I marry one day and wonder what that will be like?  I wonder what my job will look like in a year...in five.  I wonder what my next exciting adventure will be.  And this time of year I seem to wonder more about a fresh, new year and all that new beginnings promise.

Sometimes I think I wonder too much.  I live in Rose's Wonderland and not enough in Rose's Reality.  I've shared with many a woman in my life the wonder of what I call my false hope garden.  That garden of hope that I can go into behind the gate, smell the beautiful flowers...find a place on the garden bench and dream of a love to come.  It's good to dream...as long as you remember to come back to the reality of today.  My looking glass...my wardrobe...it's my garden of hope.  And I doubt I'll ever be too old to wonder.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Good thoughts. I do a lot of wondering too but I call it daydreaming. LOL I guess it is something Girls do.