Thursday, November 29, 2012

Confessions of a Starbucks Addict

The first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.  I am addicted to Starbucks.  Now, I don't get the shakes or find myself in a dark alley making deals for loaded Starbucks cards, but I have to admit it is a weakness of mine.  I am fully convinced that there will be a Starbucks in Heaven that will be calorie free.  There is no sleep in Heaven, so hence, why caffeine won't be a problem.  

As part of my confession, I think I'll share a few insights into my addiction...

...My drink of choice, if I was to pick only one, would be a white mocha, non-fat,  with whip.  Don't judge me for the whip.  A girl has got to have some creamy goodness in her life.  

...I enjoy a Tea Misto, which isn't an obvious choice on the menu.  But having many a past Barista in my friend circles, I discovered this drink of tea and milk.  Warning:  You can't drink the Wild Orange tea as a Tea Misto...the acid curdles the milk.

...On occasion I enjoy a Chai Tea Latte.  This love was discovered when not all teas work well with the Misto.  Only like them hot, not iced, so this refreshment isn't a sure thing all year for me.

...When the weather outside is warmful, I'll take a white mocha frappie (us addicts use our own lingo) or an Iced version of the white mocha.  The trend here is....white mocha

...For all the hoopla people go through when the Pumpkin Spice Latte appears, it's love is lost on me.  I tried one for the first time this year and...ick.  Not for me.  But hey, I have other seasonal drinks to fulfill my addiction.  Let's say, the Peppermint Mocha for example.

...I'll try most any coffee from Starbucks from the mild to the bold.  Another sure sign you have an addict on your hands.

...The cake pops and other sweet delicacies just add to the addiction.  

I suppose I should look for a 12-step program, but until my Pastor swears off Starbucks, I think I'm in good company.

No comments: