Friday, November 16, 2012

Five Minutes: Stay

Each week Gypsy Mama chooses a word to write about for five minutes. No editing, stream of consciousness. Today's word is: Stay.

Ready. Set. Write.


When I hear this word, the first thing that comes to mind is the song by The Chantels that was featured in Dirty Dancing, "Stay."  The lyrics say "Oh won't you stay...just a little bit longer...please, please, please...tell me you're going to."

I love those moments that we wish would never end....and just stay.  Years ago, one of my friends said "I wish I could have a 'pause' button on life and be able to stop life during the amazingly good times."  I would have to agree that there are times when life is so blissfully fun and joyful you just want to stop time.  

But then there are those times when we are frantically searching for the fast forward button.  Get me past this chaos!  Or, we spend too much time rewinding (I'm guilty of this) and reflecting on "those good ole days" times when life was simpler and less chaotic.  


Since we have no "action" buttons on life, I'll just be content to Stay where I am and enjoy every moment.  

1 comment:

Aprille @ beautifulinhistime.com said...

great post. I'm looking for the fast forward button (or today, the reset button). But had to learn to just stay for a minute.