Wednesday, November 30, 2005

What's in a Number?

It's been two months since my birthday. To celebrate the momentous event, I created a list of blessings for the number of years I've been alive. One of my blessings, number 34 to be exact, was "Church Friends." I have a boatload of blessings in the friends I have at church. Honestly, I could make a complete list of just those folks as blessings. Well, in the past two months, one of those friends can't get through a conversation without pointing out he didn't have his own "number" - to the point that I decided to put myself out of misery and make him happy. The things I do for men....no wonder I'm single.

A J Caldwell, or Airman Caldwell, as I like to call him is the aforementioned person. A J is like that little brother that can drive you nuts one minute and do anything for you the next. I first met A J about 3 years ago at a one-day singles conference at our church. He was a new member and we happened to sit across from each other when the group went to Qdoba for lunch. We hit it off and have been friends ever since. A J once lived in an apartment I donned "Chez Hottie" since it was full of wonderful, godly men. He always thought it was completely due to him. I just let him think that to keep him happy. Do you see a pattern here?

The one thing about A J that I enjoy is his ability to dote on me, his sister in Christ. We don't spend a lot of time together (which he reminds me about regularly), but when we do, he almost always offers to valet my car wherever our group might meet up. He makes his living doing that right now, so he's great at that skill. It may be a small thing, but for a single, unattached gal, I appreciate my little brother in Christ melting my heart with an act of service. And, when he heard of my excitement when The Muppet Show came out on DVD, he gave me the copy he bought after he watched it. Another heart-warming moment.

A J will either love me or despise me after this post. Let's hope for a good outcome. This never-ending topic is now put to rest.

4 comments:

Kevin Yates said...

LOL...what a sweet post. and of course you know what is coming next...

WHAT THE HECK!!...how does AJ get a whole post devoted to him?

Please know that I am just kidding :).

AJ...I think she captured you very well dog!

RosieBoo said...

Whatever..yes, I knew what was coming next. Sheesh. :)

You may need to alert AJ that this is up, as I haven't told him and I certainly don't want him to miss it!

A.J. said...

Wow! A whole post devoted to me? What can I say? I'm speechless! I guess now I won't be able to give you a hard time about your "Top 40 List" anymore. But seriously, thanks for the post, it really wasn't nessecary. Also, I didn't know I could drive you nuts sometimes, but I guess I'm good for that at times. :-)

RosieBoo said...

The driving me nuts is directly coordinated to the neverending reminder of not being on the "Top 40 List" ;)