Tuesday, November 08, 2005

That Which Does not Kill Us, Makes Us Stronger

As you may or may not have noticed, I've fallen off the face of blog earth lately. Just call me Lemony Snicket and my series of unfortunate events. A couple of weeks ago I started getting flu-like symptoms which turned into a nasty skin infection on my leg requiring hospitalization for a little over a week. Then, once I was released, I got a little too happy about my freedom, and fell going into the post office. Instead of bouncing back up like I normally do, my sunglasses had caused a laceration above my right eyebrow and off to the hospital I go...again...for stitches and a CT scan. At the moment I wanted to cry, but later it became comical.

The lesson learned here is that I've got to slow down, regain balance in my life, and learn when to say no. I'm an extremist and love to live life to the fullest, but I'm not Mrs. Incredible. I'm healing slowly but surely (on both counts). There is a saying that goes "That which does not kill us, makes us stronger." I don't feel like I could fight any battles right now, but it has made me stronger in my faith, and stronger in my convictions that I have to take care of myself. A tough lesson for someone who lives to take care of others.

Hopefully my hospital stays and yummy hospital food (yeah, right) are over for a long time. I think I could write a whole blog on my experiences, but I'll just savor them and sprinkle them throughout the blog when you least expect it.

No comments: