5. A brand name that becomes a verb "You can google and find your information" or "Can you Fedex this package?" Or a brand that becomes the name for any brand - Coke, Kleenex, Band-Aids
4. The idea of making something connected by wires, wireless. Cell phones are as prominent as a tethered phone line, and sometimes the only phone of choice. Wireless connectivity for laptops make working anywhere, literally, a piece of cake.
3. Asking ordinary people to audition to live 40 days on an island, sing acapella, or race all over the world.
2. Selling water in bottles. And reinventing water by adding flavoring to it.
1. Putting pants on a sponge and naming him Bob.