Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Live for Today

I'm a faithful Today show watcher (nothing better than a dose of Matt Lauer in the morning!) and recently they have been doing a series called, "Live for Today." They asked viewers about 2 months ago to go to their website and list/vote for the thing they most want to do before they die. Over the past month, they have featured many of the viewers' choices, ranging from riding in a Hot Air Balloon to dancing with their husband.

In reflecting on my list, it's hard to narrow it down to just a few. But to be creative, I need to list the obvious things, then focus on those more unreachable dreams for the real list. Before I die, I would like to be a wife and/or mother, although I should probably list "get a date" based on my current status. As a Christian, each day brings a new goal to reach higher as I strengthen my faith and share the gospel. That goal is an ever present one in my life, and will be until the day I die.

If I list those creative, somewhat unreachable things I'd like to do before I die, I've narrowed it down to five...in no particular order. Drumroll please...

1. Write a novel that makes it to the top 100 best-selling list
2. Host a radio talk show
3. Write a daily or weekly column in print or online media
4. Be a cartoon voice in a successful animated film
5. Record a duet with Harry Connick, Jr.

Just reading my list makes me smile.

What are those things that make you "Carpe Diem"? A nice way to reflect on a Tuesday that feels like Monday afternoon...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rosie boop...I think you would do really good writing for some type of paper or magazine and I think you would be great on the radio!

Kendall's Mommy

RosieBoo said...

Awww, thanks. And, if I get my radio show, I'll highlight Kendall as the baby of the week!

Kevin Yates said...

my favorite on your list is the "cartoon voice". i have never really thought about that, but i think i would like to do that too :).

maybe you can write a novel, get it published and make it to the top 100 best-selling, turn it into an animated film, and then we can both star it it. :) that would be killing two birds with one stone.

RosieBoo said...

Hmm, now there's an idea! If I ever get a chance to be an animated voice, I'll be sure to work you into the deal too, kev.