Friday, March 14, 2014

Five Minutes: Crowd

Each week Gypsy Mama chooses a word to write about for five minutes. No editing, stream of consciousness. Today's word is: Crowd.

Ready. Set. Write.

I don't like crowds.  I attribute this to being an only child.  But the older I get, the less I like them.  Oh I love people, but crowds make me nervous.  I remember my first trip to Disney World as a child.  I was awestruck.  I had waited to go for a long time and when I did, it was all I had dreamed of and more.  Being at the happiest place on earth was still daunting as I feared losing my Mom or Dad in the crowd and getting separated.  I'll never forget my Dad holding my hand almost every time we got into a thick crowd of people.  And my poor Mom sacrificed riding rides alone so I wouldn't be on a ride solo.  If I got scared, my Dad would hold my hand or lean over and kiss my cheek.  It was the best kind of protection in a crowd.

Crowd reminds me of the women who was pressing through a crowd to touch Jesus.  Just to touch the hem of His garment.  She was an outcast.  She had suffered from an issue of blood for twelve years and amidst the scary onslaught of people, she persevered to get to Jesus.  And she did.  And He healed her.  And her life was never the same.

That crowd didn't keep her from her Creator, her Savior and her Redeemer.  May I never allow the chaos of a crowd keep me from reaching to Him when I'm in need.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I also wrote about the woman healed from the flow of blood for my FMF post! And I don't like crowds either... (Sophia from FMF)