Friday, March 16, 2012

Five Minutes: Brave

Each week Gypsy Mama chooses a word to write about for five minutes. No editing, stream of consciousness. Today's word is: Brave.

Ready. Set. Write.

If I play word association, when I say brave, I respond with "soldier." If it's the Sunday School version of word association, I respond with "David" as in David and Goliath. These are my first thoughts when I hear brave.

But truly, people that I see as brave are not always the warriors, or young boys with smooth stones and a slingshot. They are people who face the troubles of life boldly and with bravery...and with the strength of Christ. Just to name a few....

Jenna...a sweet 30-something Mom of 3 battling pancreatic cancer and through the trauma and sickness of treatments continues to face the situation with hope and a praise to her God. The McLean family...their 3-year old son Nathan was diagnosed with neuroblastoma a few years back and walked a journey no parents would ever want to walk. He has been cancer free for quite a while and growing into a miracle of a boy. I could go on...a father who is left with his 3 children while his wife moves on deciding she doesn't want to be married anymore....a man suffering from financial distress because of a tough divorce from a woman who turned from following God. On and on I could go. Stories of bravery. On the battlefield of life.

This my friends, is what bravery truly is.

No comments: