Monday, March 12, 2012

Eleven Things - Part Two

As promised, I'm doing part two of Katrina's blog post challenge. My first one was over a month ago, so I'm a bit slow, but hey, Katrina hasn't posted since, so I don't feel so bad. I've amended the rules a bit since I have a rebel streak. So here are the second half of the eleven questions. I suppose I should rename this 22 Things, but I digress. If you are looking for some fun content to fill your blog, feel free to take on the challenge yourself...

1. If you won a gift certificate good for a year’s service from either a maid or a private chef, which one would you choose?
I would probably choose the private chef. The main reason being I'd have a year of healthy cooking 24/7, which would probably help in my constant pursuit of losing weight. Plus, I could have dinner parties that looked professional.

2. Name something you’ve done that was totally out of character for you.
Hmm, some things I prefer not to publicize in a blog post. But, I aspire to do a lot of things most people would think are out of character for me -- get a henna tattoo -- do karaoke -- take a road trip and have no reservations anywhere and just stay where I can (those who know my planner side, know this is quite out of character for me). I'd like to say that I'll do one or more of those this year.

3. Imagine we discovered a life-sustaining planet and a way to get there in a five year space journey. If invited to go, would you be willing to leave behind your life on Earth to explore a new world? (Your family can go with you, of course.)
Eh, depends on what I know about this "new world." My life is pretty adventurous now so I'm far from lacking for excitement. This begs for those people that always think the grass is always greener on the other side. I land on the side of the fence that figures no matter how bad things may seem on some days, it could always be worse. This "new world" may be full of brain-sucking zombies.

4. If someone gave you $500 on the condition that you somehow use it to help someone in need, how would you spend it?
I'd give it to the Henryville, IN, tornado relief fund. A couple of weeks ago, this town just 20 minutes north of me was destroyed in seconds. I'm reminded every time I see the news that it could have been me.

5. What’s the worst movie you’ve ever seen?
No question. Unforgiven. When it won for best picture, some of my guy friends called me and my friend, Christie, to come out on a Friday night after a long week at work to see the movie at 10pm. All I remember was very little dialogue, cowboys sitting around a fire, and riding horses around a rock. And, I remember sleeping really well in the comfy theater chairs. The best part of that night was the trip to Steak and Shake afterwards.

6. If you lost your U.S. citizenship and had to relocate permanently to another country, where would you go? Why?
I'm proud to be an American, so that is really sad. I would move to whatever country had the best health care. As much as we complain about our health care system here, we have it better than most countries. Can I move to Hawaii?

7. What’s your guilty pleasure?
I have so many....how to choose. My first thought when hearing "guilty pleasure" is the food category. Starbucks Venti White Mocha is a major guilty pleasure of mine. If I could drink one every day without ingesting the calories, I would. If I had to construct the perfect guilty pleasure day, it would involve a refreshing shower and then donning my sweat shirt, sweat pants and flip flops. A day of reading, watching movies and napping, along with a few crochet stitches in between. Oh, and of course a Starbucks White Mocha and Qdoba.

8. Who would win in a street fight between the Black Eyed Peas and the Fugees?
Foster the People would rush the fight and win.

9. If you could go back in time and change just ONE decision that you’ve made, what would it be? (I’m not talking about mistakes, but about a time you had to choose between two or more paths.)
Tough one. I seem to always look back and see how even those choices turn out for my good. But, if I had to choose, I'd not have worked as an insurance agent for a year. It gave me some good sales experience in a different industry, which I see as a benefit now, but it wasn't a job I loved at all.

10. What superpower would you like to have?
I would want to be able to fly so I could go visit friends free of charge anywhere in the world. As a secondary power, I'd love the power of healing. Not just for myself, but for others too. That had to be the best part of Jesus' ministry...being able to heal those - not just spiritually - but physically too. I would love to see the smile on His Face when someone who was blind could then see. Wow, just wow.

11. Do you have a weird body quirk? What is it?
I can't burp. Ok, I can if I down carbonated beverages quickly. But I can't "burp on command" as most humans can do. And even when I do burp, it's quite minor and unnoticeable most of the time. Of late, I've had an eye nerve twitch - everyone gets those, but it's gone now. Yesterday I had a nerve twitch in my left forefinger and thumb that was starting to be quite annoying. I believe I slept that off because it's gone now.

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Love it, Rose! (And I didn't realize how long it had been since I've blogged until I read that--where does my time go???) :P