Thursday, December 06, 2007

Keychain Malfunction

I seem to always lose my keys in the bottom of my purse. Or they crawl into one of my multiple inner pockets to hide away from me. Because of this problem, I prefer to have a fairly large keychain that makes locating them easier. Much to the dismay of my Dad who reminds me that "all that weight on your keys plays havoc with your ignition and starter." Nonetheless, I march on with my large and in charge keychains.

About 3 years ago, one of the vendors where I worked learned of my love of Winnie the Pooh. On his next trip to the happiest place on earth, he brought me back a large rubber Winnie keychain. It was great! Soft, yet large and visible in the dark domain of my purse. Winnie hung strong for almost 4 years until one day, his little loopy thing split in two and he was no more. For some odd sentimental reason, I still carry that scuffed up Pooh in my purse. I'm such a pack rat.

I needed a replacement. Now, although I like large keychains, I'm not a fan of obnoxious ones. You all know the type - the macrame projects from art class that hang almost to the ground. Or the never-ending string of multi-colored beads. Um, no. I want large, but charming. I headed to the local Walgreen's where everyone knows your name and you can find anything you need there. Whoever invented Walgreen's was a genious. Much to my delight I found a lovely Cinderella keychain that just fit the bill. Donned in her blue ball gown, she had sparklies on her dress that added to the largeness. If the size didn't get me, the glimmer would. A buck fifty later and I was back in keychain heaven.

In the past few weeks, though, I'd noticed something odd about Cinderella. She was having a wardrobe malfunction the likes of Janet (Miss Jackson that is) during a past Super Bowl half time show. I was embarrassed. Everytime I looked at my keys, I thought...geez, cover that mess up! Her blue ball gown paint had worn off in a very peculiar way displaying just half of her womanly glory. I tried to ignore it, but I knew I had to do something. Before a week passed, she broke. Yep, the hook in her back that connected her to the keychain fell off, ending her reign as my keychain. I've concluded the wardrobe malfunction is really what did her in, she just committed chain-a-cide to end her public life. She currently hides quietly in the bottom of my purse. Back to square one.

I thought about posting a picture, but it's just too scandalous. So, now I'm on a pursuit for a new keychain. Disney seems to be failing me....but, hmm, one of those nice Travelocity gnomes might do the trick....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rosieboo, you are just TOO cute.

Amy said...

Boo, you know how I always carry clean underwear in my car in case of an accident, and how funny you think that is?

I'm wondering what people would think if they had to go through your purse and found a broken Pooh and a topless Cinderella! :)
I love how you spin a story!!

Erin Nicole said...

i want to see the picture anyway. ;)