Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Life at the Office

I find humor in most everything.  Especially at work.  I have to on some days just to stay sane.  I've always compared my work life to that of The Office and since that show has gone off the air, here are a few escapades you can enjoy in its absence:

1.  I came into work one morning and parked on the side where our entrance to our office is located.  I had gone to the doctor and was coming in later than usual and had already encountered the slowest wait known to man at the doctor and just wanted to get into the office.  You know it's sad when you are dying to get to work.  I got out of my car and noticed two geese at the door.  They had sauntered up the grassy area and one noticed their reflection and started quacking at her reflection.  The other goose wandered back...probably her husband convincing her it's just her reflection.  They were both still standing there when I walked up, so I shoo'ed them away and they quietly waddled off.  I didn't have time to make room for ducklings.

2.  I had a conference call with one of our clients who is a telecom vendor.  Due to their specialty, they have their own conference call system.  We spent the first 15 minutes trying to hear everyone on the line.  I wanted to giggle so much during that call thinking of the sweet irony of a telecom company who can't construct a workable conference calling solution.

3.  We are blessed to have a stocked break room with snacks and cokes. The downside is the busiest guy at our office is in charge, so the Costco trips keep getting pushed back.  For a week or so now we've been living on old pretzels and Sprite.  One of my team members, Peter, when this phenomenon happens, will go buy a bunch of Tab diet drink to stock the fridge as his way of protest.  He loves it and so do I, so it's a good thing for us.  But, not long after, our coke supply magically appears.  

No comments: