Friday, May 31, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Imagine

Each week Gypsy Mama chooses a word to write about for five minutes. No editing, stream of consciousness. Today's word is: Imagine.

Ready. Set. Write.

My imagination can run wild.  I love to dream...and dream big.  Being an only child, I found myself having to play a lot on my own, which is fertile ground for imagination.  I would play pretend school and line up my stuffed animals and teach them a lesson.  I'd imagine I was a cashier and running a small grocery store in the country where I had long conversations with my patrons.  When it got windy, pre-thunderstorm weather, I'd pretend I was a pioneer woman, and I'd batten down the hatches outside like I was preparing for a Wizard of Oz-like tornado.  When the weather was good, I'd gather various things from my yard to imagine surviving in the colonial days.  My imagination was never-ending.

Reading was also a part of my childhood...and my adulthood.  You can't get much more imaginative than reading a book and picturing in your mind the visual of what you are reading.  I would curl up for hours and lose myself in a book when I was a child and had no cares or responsibilities in the world.  Today there could be nothing more relaxing to me than the peacefulness of reading a good book and losing myself in the story.  Rarely do I read a book where I don't picture myself as one of the characters.  

I never want to stop imagining.  

1 comment:

Simply Beth said...

I do so love losing myself in a good story. Happy to be your neighbor over at FMF. Blessings to you.