After a long draught of "Top Five" lists, I finally have one worthy of a blog post...straight from the home office in Pune, India...the Top Five Signs I Participate in Too Many Conference Calls...
5. My arm naturally remains in the position posed to have the phone to my ear.
4. I get to conference calls before the leader so often I have the hold messages memorized - the helpful tips from how to mute myself to telephone etiquette.
3. I've enforced the college rule. If a professor was 15 minutes late, we left the class. If the conference call leader is 15 minutes late, I leave the call. By then, I've been so scarred by the hold music and messages, I can't take it anymore.
2. I can multi-task like a champ. From muting off and on while I eat lunch to moving from my office phone to cell phone with very little meeting interruption.
1. I have co-workers instant message me during calls the most hilarious commentary. The best one thus far - "If I kill myself on this call, do you think it'd still keep going?"