Friday, December 18, 2009

The Posts of Christmases Past

Recently, my friend, Alisa, wrote a blog post about the man behind Rudolph and linked to a post I wrote three years ago. I'm amazed that she remembered that post because I had long forgotten it. In April 2010, my blog will celebrate its 5-year birthday....which means I've blogged for five Christmases thus far. I'd like to think my blog is like TVLand...it has "rewatchability" (or re-readability) so I've decided to pull some blog posts from the past four Christmases for those that may have missed them, or like me, have long forgotten. Enjoy!

"When the North Pole Meets Bethlehem" - December 2005 - So many people in my life have discussed the challenge of allowing their children to believe in Santa Claus yet still be able to retain the true Reason for the Season. This post explains my life as a child who believed in Santa, but more importantly, believed in Jesus.

"Dating Lessons from a Reindeer" - December 2006 - As a single gal, and a mentor to many young girls, I'm always keen on using anything I can to teach object lessons about relationships and dating. This particular post was born out of my viewing of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer and my appreciation for Clarice and her ability to be just the doe Rudolph needed in his life.

"All Aboard" - December 2007 - After my first viewing of The Polar Express, I was taken by the basic lessons of belief found weaved within the story. Be forewarned, there are spoilers, but this post focuses on how the movie teaches us to believe in that which we do not see.

"The Best Christmas Pageant Ever" - December 2008 - My OPCs and I went to see the local performance of this wonderful book by Barbara Robinson. It was a great reminder of why this tiny baby came for someone as lowly as me.

As you reflect during this most glorious season, find the true Reason for the Season amidst the chaos and commercialization around you. Let His Voice speak loudly during the hustle and bustle you experience. Have yourself a merry little Christmas!

No comments: