Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Table Topics - Senior Predictions

It's that time of year where every kid is chanting, "School's out, school's out...teachers let the monkeys out!" Ok, well, they used to chant that...now it's probably some rap version. For those who are bidding a farewell to their school days and graduating, this time of year is glorious. I'll never forget that Senioritis. It was bittersweet, but I didn't get that then because when you embark on your life after high school, you have no idea how much your life will change and how few of those people you'll ever seen again. I've been blessed to keep up with a few from my Senior class....the most consistent, my friends, Julie and Rod. But, thanks to Facebook, I'm now connected to a lot of those folks and it's refreshing and somewhat surreal to be able to chat and talk with them again.

I was on the newspaper staff in high school and loved it! Most of my fondest memories surround the time we holed away in "The Dungeon" (our underground Newspaper Offices) and ran the paper, goofed off and literally had to lay out the paper with a waxer. (No computer for us) At the end of each year we produced a Senior issue complete with Pet Peeves, Senior Wills and Senior Predictions. The Predictions were my favorite. One of our classmates recently scanned in a copy of that page so we could squint and read the various predictions...hilarious! I credit my friend, Julie, for most of those funny ones...and I think she even crafted mine...which was....

Rose - A traveling comedienne....traveling in search of an audience

Ha ha. Seriously, though, that is probably most accurate. So, today's table topic for my loyal blog readers....

What was your Senior Prediction?

Everybody throw your caps in the air....and discuss.

No comments: