Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Table Topics - TV Crushes

Growing up as an only child, I watched a lot of TV. Thankfully, in my younger days, television was much more suitable for family viewing than it is now. One of the things that I remember as a young girl was those silly crushes I'd get on the latest TV heartthrob. You know what I'm talking about (if you are willing to admit it). You'd watch a show and find some guy so dreamy (long before the days of "McDreamy") and then when you accompanied your Mom to the grocery store, you'd slip the latest Tiger Beat in the basket so you could cut out all the pictures of your "man" and plaster them on your bedroom walls. Ladies, I know you are nodding and giggling right now. And, men, don't tell me Farah Fawcett didn't find her way on your bedroom wall.

I had multiple crushes. But, I'd have to say my main one, the man that garnered the most wall space in my bedroom was Scott Baio. Now, my crush occurred during his Happy Days era, not his offbeat "Scott Baio is 45 and still single" VH1 era. The moment he walked on that show as Chachi Arcola, I was smitten. And his "Wa-Wa-Wa" flirtatious proclamation made me swoon. Sigh. I grew up with Scott Baio and sadly pined after him into his Charles in Charge years. Next in line was Donny Osmond. I believe my love of purple began during my Donny crush. And, of all my crushes, Donny still looks the same.

The list goes on.....Gary Sandy, who played Andy Travis on WKRP in Cincinnati. Wesley Eure who played Will Marshall on the Saturday morning series, Land of the Lost. Christopher Knight who played Peter Brady on The Brady Bunch. (Why did all my crushes seem to end up on crazy VH1 reality shows?)

So, that brings us to today's question.....

Did you have a "TV Crush"...if so, who was it? Or who were they?

10 comments:

Terri said...

Okay, this is kind of eerie. My first crush was Barry Williams, of course Greg from the Brady Bunch Then I loved,loved,loved....Scott Baio. Met him when I was 12. I also loved Kirk Cameron. AND, my crush now is would you believe Donny Osmond. Do we know each other?! LOL!! I loved him and Marie when I was little and NEVER really got over him. I'm going to see him in September!!

Terri said...

Oh, P.S.

Check out MY blog!! ;)

Amy said...

OK. In 7th grade, I loved Kirk Cameron. Loved him, I tell you. So that was the year that we had to make rockets and get them to fly. I named mine the "Cameron Express," and had this big picture from Teen Beat pasted on it. When I lit the fuse, Kirk's face blew right off--and the rocket just fell over. The guys in my class teased me for the rest of the year!!
Then, right about that time came New Kids on the Block. They had the right stuff, baby! lol!
And lastly was Joey Lawrence. He was on Blossom at the time. I loved his curly hair and eyebrows! :)

Katrina said...

I second the Chris Knight thing. Peter truly was the cutest Brady! I also loved Kirk Cameron. Sooo adorable.

Erin Nicole said...

slightly off-topic, but i was less into the boys and more into the girls...no, no, not that way!
i so wanted to be DJ on full house or Blossom!
i spent more of my tv watching time trying to find the new funky thing to emulate.

Liz Lockwood said...

I had a crush on the Pink Panther . . . yes, the cartoon character. Who knew that was possible?!? Also, Kirk Cameron, "Uncle Jesse" and Doogie Howser made my heart regularly go thump-thump!

Anonymous said...

I had a lot of TV crushes. . .
They included:
1. Fred Savage of The Wonder Years. Oh blee dee, oh blee dah, life goes on, brah!
2. Jason Bateman. He was in Silver Spoons and Valerie/The Hogan Family.
3. Speaking of Silver Spoons, how about Ricky Schroeder? Ooh la la.
4. Doogie Howser. Brains and beauty? That's what I'm talking about! I also loved that he journaled. Kirk Cameron was too "blonde" for me.
5. Others that captivated me on a lesser scale in syndication: Judge Harry T. Stone of Night Court and the original Duke boys.

Subtopic: Wannabes
1. Rudy (Keshia Knight-Pulliam) of the Cosby Show
2. Punky Brewster
2. Colleen Murphy (Dana Delaney) of China Beach

Anonymous said...

I have to add Jeff Conaway on Taxi. Oh, that hair :)

Anonymous said...

Chachi was way up there, also John Travolta from his Welcome Back Kotter and Grease days, Parker Stephenson from Hardy Boys, and Anson Williams (Potsie on Happy Days). Ahhhhhhhhh. Is Tiger Beat still around?

Anonymous said...

Also remember Randolph Mantooth from Emergency. Major crush on him. When he was shooting a movie in my hometown, my friends made sure I met him. A moment I was most unprepared for...