Monday, August 15, 2016

My 48 Minutes of Fame

I'm obsessed with reading.  It's a passion that has returned after losing the passion during college and going back for my MBA years later.  I've also carried a long lost dream to have my own radio talk show.  As a youngster, I would use my Dad's recording equipment and make up stories and record myself as if I was on the radio.  I even included commercial breaks by saying, "Thanks for the interruption."  

Marrying my obsession with a dream became a reality when I was the guest on the What Should I Read Next podcast hosted by Anne Bogel.  I decided to submit a request to be on the show and see if I was a fit and I was!  I couldn't have been more ecstatic.  My episode aired on August 9 and I've felt like a star ever since.

Along with Anne's recommendations (which you'll hear when you listen to the episode), I've received oodles of suggestions from the podcast blog post and gotten tons of requests to connect with listeners on GoodReads.  I feel famous!  All because of my 48 minutes of fame.  

If you are a reader, or even if you're not, be sure to have a listen.  One item checked off my bucket list.  Now to really get that radio show....

No comments: