Tuesday, October 06, 2015

Table Topics: Fall Favorites

It's Fall y'all!  Ok, that phrase is not one of my favorites, but this Table Topic theme is all about favorites...and not so favorites.

Tis the season in Louisville where you need to keep summer and fall clothes options readily available at all times.  Last week we had two days of 50 degree weather, and then back up to the glorious 70s.  But it is October and time to think about that short season of autumn that happens before we hit the cold, hard winter months.

I have to start with something that isn't my Fall favorite...Pumpkin Spice Lattes.  Let the lashing begin.  I adore Starbucks and I adore pumpkin, but put the two together and I'm not impressed.  I've had one Pumpkin Spice Latte and it was less than enjoyable, which isn't my normal Starbucks experience.  Now, I'm happy to eat a pumpkin muffin from Starbucks whilst sipping my White Mocha, but spare me the pumpkin-flavored coffee.

A Fall favorite is s'mores!  Now s'mores can be made all year long, even during the summer camping seasons, but s'mores around a Fall bonfire are just yummy.  I'll share my s'mores indoors recipes.  First, hover a marshmallow over a fireplace and you got the makings of yummy goodness.  Or, if you are desperate, over a candle. That takes much longer and may end up tasting like vanilla bean.  The easiest recipe is to put your s'more together and then zap it in the microwave for 15 seconds.  Voila!  S'more!

Another favorite is the Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin fragrance from Bath & Body Works.  This is by far my favorite smell and I try and stock up for those months when they don't have it in stock, even online.  There is something about this scent that makes me feel like wearing sweaters, curling up with a good book, or munching on popcorn while watching a movie in my snuggie.  I stumbled upon this fragrance years ago and I'm SO thankful they haven't discontinued it.  My sales alone I hope will keep it popular.

So, now it's your turn...

What are your Fall Favorites?

I'll "leaf" the discussion in your hands...

No comments: