Wednesday, July 01, 2015

Table Topics: Journaling

A few weeks ago I was having a conversation with my friend, Matthew, prior to his European Summer Extravaganza.  Somehow the topic of journaling came up and he indicated he journals, pretty regularly.  I was shocked.  A man journaling?  Get outta here!  He said, "How else will my grandchildren know about me?" which was a brilliant reason.  Given Matthew is somewhat of a unique soul, I challenged him to find two other men that journal...and we did.  Wow.  Revelation!  

This caused me to take this to the men that are my Facebook friends and survey the audience.  Again, I was surprised at the number of men that did journal regularly or had in the past and wanted to resume that practice.  Fascinating.  I found that more men have or do journal than I imagined, and I find that very endearing.  If you are a man who journals, Brava!!  

Now that I've fininshed my MBA, one of the items on my MBA Bucket List is to start journaling again.  I have done it during certain seasons in my past, but with school added to the mix of my busy life, journaling was far from my radar to continue.  I've ordered a nice composition notebook that should arrive Friday and I'll be on my way.  I may never have grandchildren, but someone might like to read them one day.  

That brings us to today's Table Topic.  

Do you journal?  If so, why?  

Get your pen and paper ready....or your fingers nimble...and discuss.

No comments: