Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Easy Coffee Cake Recipe

I'm always looking for easy recipes, especially when I need to bring something for a brunch or breakfast.  I'm not the happiest of bears in the morning, so getting up to whip up an eggs-stravaganza is not my idea of how to start a morning.  I found this gem on Pinterest and it turned out absolutely lovely.  This is a picture of my finished product.  Here is the recipe you can try for yourself.  
What you need:

1 pkg of yellow (golden) cake mix
1 instant vanilla pudding mix (the size that serves four)
1 cup of vegetable oil
1 cup of water
4 eggs
4 tbsp of brown sugar
3 tsp of cinnamon

In a large bowl mix (electric mixer) the cake mix, pudding mix, oil and water.  Add one egg at a time into the mix and beat for one minute after adding each egg.  Pour half of the batter into a greased (I used Pam) bundt pan.  Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon.  Sprinkle half of that mixture over the batter in the pan.  Pour the remaining batter in the pan.  Top with the remainder of the sugar/cinnamon mixture.  And, finish by doing my favorite part! Swirl through the batter with a knife.  

Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean.  Wait for 5-10 minutes, then invert and pop out of the pan.

You can use this same recipes with other variations.  Lemon Cake mix and Lemon pudding mix and cover in a powder sugar glaze.  Even a chocolate cake mix with banana pudding mix would be yummy!  Be creative and enjoy!

No comments: