Saturday, March 06, 2010

From The Mixed Up Files of Rose E Frankweiler

Ok, I'm not the owner of a statue in the Metropolitan Museum of Art (only those literary geeks, or children's teachers will get that), but I feel like my life is a swirling bunch of excitement right now. And, when I think about it, this book title comes to mind. My friend, Amy, talks about how her hair feels on fire at times and I can identify. But, no matter the multiple "GAHS!" I might exclaim, I'm right where I want to be and where I hope God wants me to be.

I get harassed (see: Amy) about not blogging enough and given the past week and the upcoming two weeks, this may be the only chance to utter coherent words. Putting it all in perspective in words makes this planner feel a bit more in control of what is next on the list. Though God laughs as He knows so much of what is happening is merely His Sanctification in my life to see me let go of the control and let Him take the wheel. (With apologies to Carrie Underwood) For those endearing blog readers, here is a snippet of my world...fun, frazzled, and full of excitement.

Our office moved locations last weekend and I LOVE the new facility. From the 10 minute commute to the big screen TVs in the break room and conference rooms, I feel like I'm in a "real" office. The new office layout has made it easier to have a bit more seclusion and focus and boy, did I need it this week as every aspect of the jobs I do (which my boss told me yesterday were two day jobs) had their challenges. Realizing there are only so many hours in the day and I can't do it all was one of those "control" reminders this week. I do love my job because even in the midst of things, we have pranks going on ala The Office and the laughter amidst the work is a wonderful release.

I leave a week from today to head to Orlando for a business trip. We're launching an event and it's exciting and frightening all at the same time. We want this to be successful and we're hoping, even with all the hitches that will inevitably happen, we will leave there knowing we've begun a new line of business. I don't know all the ins and outs of what the event will look like, but again, see "control sanctification" above. The highlight of my trip - aside from staying at a swanky hotel - is a lunch date when I arrive with a sweet redhead who is the mother of one of my dear friends. We've never been able to connect for dinner when she visits and being an hour away provided the perfect opportunity. That time of refreshment will kick off a busy four days of work.

I land on Wednesday, two days before our church's women's conference. On that Friday night, I'll be speaking on "Where is God When You are Lonely?" The timing of all this is a bit daunting, but I remember daily that none of this took God by surprise. He knew I'd be in Orlando. He knew my flight schedule. And, thankfully, He knows what I'm going to say. Because right now, I'm still working on that part. My prayer is to complete the session by the end of day Monday and be able to pray over and prepare more in sunny Orlando.

Along with that I am blessed to have friends visiting - before and after Orlando - that I can't wait to see and spend time with that adds a nice benefit among the rest of my exciting life. There are still bills to pay, laundry to do, taxes to start, Wednesday night Bible studies to prepare for...and life to live. But unlike Claudia in the aforementioned book, I don't want to run away to teach a lesson in "Claudia appreciation." I lead an exciting live and remind myself when I try to take control of everything in my life that the One Who truly has control is so much better at orchestrating my days than I'll ever be. May I never want to run away from life, but long to run to Him.

1 comment:

Alisa said...

I love glimpses in to your life, Rosie! (And that is one of my all-time favorite children's books.)